Every credit card processing salesperson says they have the best service, and a support line available 24/7/365! Here is the NON-SPIN version of that:
You dial the 1-800-number for technical support to ask a question about your statement, or perhaps your credit card terminal has an error on the screen.
- Step 1: Please enter your merchant ID#. (Oh, you don’t have it and now you have to find it and call back.)
- Step 2: Please enter your business phone #.
- Step 3: Please confirm the name of your business.
- Step 4: Press 1 for terminal support and 2 for merchant services, 3 for questions about your statement, 4……..0 for operator.
- Step 5: Press 1 for terminal model VX series, press 2 for FD series, press 3 for ……..0 for operator. (Oh, you don’t know what model terminal you have and now you have to figure it out and call back a second time and start the steps all over again.)
- Step 6: Finally you are on the phone with someone who is hard to understand, and they spend a brief time with you only to tell you to call your sales rep and get a new terminal. In other words, they get points for how fast they can “help” and get someone off the phone.
- Step 7: So you call back a 3rd time and you finally get someone with a bit of patience. But after half an hour they still can’t figure out the solution to your problem, so they elevate you to level 2. That person has to start all over with the troubleshooting you have already done (now your fourth time), and another half hour goes by and they elevate you to level 3. Then you start all over again going through the same steps for the fifth time, and they ask you to hold, but oh, oh, the line dropped!!!
Now you have to start all over yet again for the sixth time dialing the tech support number which is more accurately described as 1-800-IGNORE-ME!
You will never have the 1-800-IGNORE-ME problem with Electronic Money Company.
We reduce the 7 steps to 1 step, the original phone call,
because we have our own in house client service and support.
- We know our client’s by name and they know us by name.
- We know their merchant ID # and their model of equipment.
- WE ALREADY ARE LEVEL 3 SUPPORT!
In fact, the head of our customer service department, Carolyn, gets calls from our clients trying to woo her away. But Carolyn loves her job, loves our customers, and loves Electronic Money Company! Why? Because we not only live the “Service” in Merchant Services, but also live the “Service” in the way we treat each other inside our company! Give us a call at 505-296-2847 and meet Carolyn! We will welcome you too into our family!